Friday, September 23, 2005

Dream Fragments from September 23, 2005

I took a nap, today. In doing so I had a few dreams. I don't remember them in their entirety, but I recall a few scenes which are presented here. Actually, it is quite possible that they are all from the same dream, but as they are of different subjects, I'm not so sure.

Dream 1:

There are lots of plants. I touch them.

Dream 2:

I think I'm living at home again. I have three or four aquariums. I haven't been taking very good care of the fish, and they're dying.

Dream 3:

A relative (not a real relative, a dream relative) is taking me shopping for a protective talisman. It's a cameo. She wants to buy me one with Jesus' face on it, but I don't want that one. Later, when we are at home, I am pleased to find out she bought me one with a woman on it. (Strangely I found a picture of one on the internet that looks almost exactly like the one in my dream.)
----

What do I think these dreams mean?

Dream 1:

I had just bought some Calla Lilies for my stepmother, today, so that might have carried over into my dreamworld.

Dream 2:

I'm not sure what this means. I have three cats and two dogs and take exceptional care of them. When I was a kid I had an aquarium and maybe I didn't take as good of care of them as I could have. Maybe this is lingering guilt.

Dream 3:

Even though I am not a Christian, I do believe Jesus was one of the great spiritual teachers. By not accepting the Jesus cameo, I am not accepting the Christian faith. (Although I am very tolerant of Christianity.)

No comments: