Monday, September 26, 2005

AIQ-BEKER/ Gematria/ Numerology

You can click on this image to see a larger version which will be much easier on your eyes.

Your name, as well as other aspects of life involving letters, sentences and numbers, has an essence. This essence can be determined by using what is known as Numerology.

To give you an example of what I'm referring to, let's find out the essence of the name Jane Doe. We will use the modern numerology column for this exercise.

1. First we must substitute each letter with a number.

J A N E D O E

1 1 5 5 4 6 5

2. Then you add the numbers together to get a sum.

1+1+5+5+4+6+5 = 27

If the sum is larger than one number, add the numbers of the sum until you get a number that has one number.

27 = 2+7 = 9

3. Find the meaning of the number using this chart:

1. Unity, oneness, extensions, spirit, self
2. Duality, divine-will, ego
3. Matter, manifestation, intelligence, space, soul, unfolding of events
4. Solidity, firmness, time, memory, reason
5. Spirit and matter mixed, man, motion, will, religion, human personality, meditation
6. Animation, life, mind, imagination, beauty, balance, love, harmony
7. Completeness, satisfaction, wholeness, desire, victory
8. Cycles, spirals, creativity, intellect, reason, infinity, magick
9. Stability in change, animal being, consciousness

Jane Doe = 9 = Stability in change, animal being, consciousness

You can find out the essence of just about anything using these steps.

If you use the Enochian or Crowley columns of the chart, notice that the letters T and Z have two numbers. Perform these twice for those columns. There will be two different essences.

If you have any questions, post a comment or send me an email.

6 comments:

Sophia said...

Hi Gretchen,

Sure. I think what happened to you is something that Internet Explorer does by default. When you click on an image that is larger than the viewable screen, it shrinks it a bit which makes it blurry. If you put your mouse over the picture for a second or two, a little box appears in the lower right corner that you can click on to enlarge it, thus making it more clear.

But I will go ahead and send it to you, too.

Sophia said...

I'm a 9. "Consciousness". Heh. I definitely strive for that, myself. But I'm sure there are a few people who would argue that I seem to be unconscious some of the time. :)

Sophia said...

Gretchen,

Mark was kind enough to calculate my number for me last night. I didn't want to take the time to do all that and he has a handy program that does it automatically.

Sadiq said...

I'm looking for cheiro's numerology.. specially that which is based on date of birth.

anybody knows any web resource?

thanks,

Sophia said...

Sure, Sadiq. Try this:

http://www.karmick.co.uk/Karmick%20Mag/Archive/archive-numerology.htm

Sophia said...

Gretchen,

Unfortunately in my schooling I was raised on calculators, so doing math in my head does not come easily for me. People assume mathematicians can do so, but it's not necessarily true. I have several friends who I went to school with and also majored in math who have similar difficulties. I can do math by hand and by calculator, but by mind is another story, unless it's simple multiplication, division, or addition. When the big numbers start rolling in I better get out that calculator. :)