Thursday, March 23, 2006

Time for a Fortune

I went to an Asian buffet for dinner last night. I got two fortune cookies. I just now opened and ate them. Here are the fortunes with their respective lucky numbers. If you play these lucky numbers in a lottery and win, remember who gave them to you! :)

"A modest man never talks to himself."
6, 12, 23, 35, 42, 51

"There is a prospect of a thrilling time ahead of you."
3, 5, 10, 31, 38, 50

My thoughts on these fortunes:

I must be a modest person, because I never talk to myself. Not that I frown upon those who do.

I hope there really is a thrilling time ahead of me. I'm looking forward to it.

8 comments:

Bob said...

Stacey
May I tease you a little?

You may well be humble -but for reasons that have nothing to do with not talking to yourself. The statement, "a modest man never talks to himself" does not prove that those who don't talk to themselves are humble! (A cat may have four legs but not all four-legged creatures are cats.)

utenzi said...

I guess I'm not modest. I talk to myself more than I do with anyone else.

Anonymous said...

I talk to myself sometimes - But HE's the one that's doing the talking, I just listen! Wait, which self are they talking about??

They've got a lot of new material in fortune cookies these days, a while back I even found a company that lets you make custom fortunes. I think it would be interesting to sneak this one into restaurants: "That was not chicken."

CE said...

Stacey,
Well, I talk to myself a lot. Does that make me immodest?
I heard that old men talk to themselves a lot. Well, I'm not old enough to be your father. Could be.

Sophia said...

Rob,

You can tease me all you want, honey. :)

I just like to humor people a little with the fortunes I sometimes get in fortune cookies. Sometimes they just make me laugh.

Sophia said...

Utenzi,

The question is, do you ever answer yourself? ;)

Sophia said...

Mark,

HA! If I opened such a fortune cookie I think I'd lose my dinner.

Yes, fortune cookies are a lot more these days. Now they include lucky numbers and also have Chinese lessons that give you a word in Chinese and then tells you what the word is in English.

Sophia said...

IMEMINE,

By the looks of your photo, you have a long way to go before you're an old man!